Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tiny Pieces

I know, I know--thanksgiving blogs about thankfulness are cliche, but honestly, I can't help myself. Is there a better time of year to realize all the amazing things you have to be thankful for? I think NOT!

I saw my grandmother today. She was diagnosed with cancer three weeks ago, and as I hugged her and told her she looked beautiful I had the awareness to realize life for her, and life for all of us, may soon change. She is beautiful and strong, a woman that I respect and admire. Life has been hard to her, she's taken cruelty and abuse, and she stands strong. A much stronger woman than me.

I saw my beautiful niece today. When her two year old little heart tells me she loves me I cannot grasp the beauty of the moment, and I long to hear it again, so we tell eachother over and over and over, smiling and laughing. As soon as she is gone I wish she were back with me. I can't help but want to savor every second with her.

My brother's mental health seems to be doing better. He and I joke and cut up as always. We acted out "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins as it played on the TV. I love the fact that I can be myself with him, he loves me and accepts me, no questions, no games.

These are just tiny pieces of the beautiful life I have to be thankful for. Tiny pieces that make my life worth living, that make me keep breathing and loving. I thank God for all the pieces of my life that He gives me. Some are pretty and some are not, but they are all from Him, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment