Friday, October 1, 2010

Community




Alright, I know--I haven't blogged in over a month. I can't stand it! Internet at home in nonexistant and going to Books-A-Million all the time proves not a good idea for my wallet, but, alas, what must be done must be done.

Recently I have joined a NewSpring homegroup and I am so excited! We meet on Tuesday nights and last Tuesday we went bowling, and I thoroughly kicked everyone's butt, which I enjoyed and really didn't meant to, it just happened.

Mostly, I am just really excited to be back in a community of believers. People who are lifting each other up and loving each other. I am so pumped to be in that setting. To be eager to pray for people, sacrifice for people, try my hardest to love those that God has given me. I really hope I can play a big part in pushing the group to live sacrificially and lovingly with serious determination.

This week is our third meeting and I am ready. I almost wished we met more than once a week. I want it to be something more than just casual conversation and dreary boredom as we all think of something else besides each other. I remember what it was like to LIVE in community in Austin, and I desperately want that back.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I want our community group to meet more than once a week too. I love it. So glad you found a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete