Sunday, October 3, 2010

sun stand still




NewSpring tonight was amazing. Steven Furtick came and spoke. He is the lead pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC. It was amazing. He talked about the message of his book, Sun Stand Still, a reference to Joshua asking God to stop time--and God DID IT!

His message was refreshing and challenging. Am I really believing God for big things in my life? Am I asking God for the outlandish, the incredible, the things that only He can do? Would I ever ask God to stop the sun in motion, and would God by my faithful and fervent prayer actually comply?

I am so excited about where God is taking me. I have no idea exactly where that is, or exactly what it will be, but I am so excited! God has dreams for me, I know that. Jer 29:11 states it plainly. I have to believe again that He wants good things for me. In Matthew Jesus talks about how our earthly fathers give good gifts to their children, how much more will our Heavenly Father give good gifts to His children? I know God has amazing things in store for me.

Although, I am closer to God now that I have been these past two years, I still feel so far from where I was three years ago sitting around a fire with beautiful people living tangibly the sacrifice and closeness God calls us to with those that love Him. I want Jesus to be my bread and butter again--all that I need, all that I want, everything to me. I want to see Jesus, to know Him like I have never known Him before. I know He has not changed. He is still as amazing as ever. I desperately want to be His beloved and know His tenderness toward me. It will come, it will come with time. I will pray with fervency and pleading that He will wreck my life with His unyielding goodness and love, ripping life from my hands and giving me all that He has, with all grace and joy I know that will come with His overpowering presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment